Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Chess By Hypnosis

This thing (I don't know what else to call it) is supposed to improve your board vision. That is, if it doesn't make you dizzy first. If you have the patience, imagine a chess piece in the (moving) central white square. Red=rook movements; blue=bishops; yellow=knights. I think.

Actually, the first time I saw it I thought it was a flattened-out Rubik's Cube. (People of a certain age will remember what that was.)

The item shown here was created by a guy named Tom Brown, and you can go here for more.

Yes, it's a gimmick, and I'm using it to grab your attention. Give me a break; I have to do something to compete with BCC.

Hat tip: Streatham & Brixton—who else?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, the Rubik's Cube has made a strong comeback in the last few years. There are even national tournaments similar to chess for it.

Anyway Tom, I wanted to let you know that I purchased a Kindle from Amazon. As someone in the book business, that might interest you. I'll write a full review on it in the coming days, but first impressions are very favorable!