Friday, April 04, 2008

Victory in Skokie, Et Cetera

After the first three games of her four-round match with Armenian Women’s Champion IM Lilit Mkrtchian ended in draws, U.S. Women’s Champion IM Irina Krush pulled out a victory last night in the final game at the Skokie Holiday Inn. See it here. I guess that means she wins the match, right?

Upcoming Tournaments
For K-8 kids rated 500 or above, IM Angelo Young is holding his fourth “Scholastic Chess Tournament of Champions” at the Touch Move Chess Center, 5639 North Ashland, Chicago, tomorrow. Call (773) 627-2759 for details.

The next tournament by the Youth Chess Foundation of Chicago will be:

Julia Ward Howe Elementary
720 N. Lorel (5332W)
Registration 9:00 - 9:30
Tournament 10:00 - 2:30
Trophy Presentation 2:45 (est.)

3 divisions: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. Details here. The Ray School Chess Club will attend this tournament, so parents: please let me know if your kids would like to play.

This Sunday’s previously scheduled tournament at the Hyde Park Neighborhood Club from Chess Education Partners has been cancelled.

P.S. This my 200th post on this blog. Yeah, I know: Who cares?

And now for something completely different:


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Many congratulations on your 200th post. That's a great feat nowadays. I'm considering rejoining the blogging ranks since my work may call for it, so I'll be looking to you for advice!

Tom Panelas said...

Thanks, Lamarr. Let me know when you're back in the blogosphere.

Tom

Polly said...

That was a funky slide show.