Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kasparov Interruptus

In a slight departure from our usual PG-rated policy, we bring you this excerpt from a speech given by former world chess champion Garry Kasparov over the weekend, at which his critics, presumably loyalists to former Russian President Vladimir Putin, opted to express their displeasure with Garry in a decidedly puerile fashion.

Propriety prevents us from glossing further on the event, but you can go to the Belfast Telegraph for details.

If you think the U.S. is the only place where politics have descended into juvenile depths, perhaps you'll want to reconsider.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You kidding? I'm looking for excuses to break the PG barrier.

Great find; no way I'm not linking this.

Tom Panelas said...

LEP,

You are on the bleeding edge of chess blogging, the farthest reaches of the frontier. I want to be like you when I grow up, but I'm not there yet.

Tom